Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Real vs. Natural, Some new tunes

Stupid item (and subsequent crazed rant) of the day... I noticed while eating my bowl of Banana Nut Cheerios (which is one of the best cereals ever) that on the front cover of the box it advertises the product as being flavored with REAL Banana AND Natural Banana flavor. I'll let you ponder that for a second...


What in blazes is the difference between real bananas and natural banana flavor? So wouldn't natural banana flavor come from an actual banana which they already just told us is in the cereal? I hate the commercial food industry with its high fructose corn syrup, mass doses of sodium and blue no. 2. I love food but I hate stupid B.S. and this is clearly stupid B.S. Wow - real bananas, and as if that weren't enough, natural banana flavor added just in case the bananas they used didn't happen to have banana flavor of their own! AMAZING!!! Wait - there's more if you act now etc. etc. etc..... Did I mention I love the cereal? I'm ranting about a cereal I love and a relatively healthy one at that. Yes I need a life I suppose...


On another note I got a glimpse of what my summer will sound like with some new stuff. The new Black Sabbath - Heaven & Hell - The Devil You Know and the new Church - Untitled #23. At first listen they both sound incredible. I've also picked up the new self-titled Secret Machines album and Porcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet. They both sound pretty good, and lastly the Raconteurs album Consolers of the Lonely is climbing back into my frequent play list as it's turning out to be more of a grower than I anticipated. What an album.

No comments:

Post a Comment